.

Thursday, December 15, 2011

Policies




As part of my yearly archiving of photographs and due to the space required to store a colossal number of images over time on multiple back up drives, I'm now notifying all my clients that the images stored will be deleted at the end of the year of the session, so any images captured in 2011 will be deleted that year end. For purchased products, I continue to store a single copy of the images, but the remainder of the images are now being deleted from my disks when not required by my clients.

This is due both to space constraints with the growth of my business, but more importantly, the responsibility placed on my workflow on behalf of my clients. Currently I effectively manage many tens of thousands of images each year, which are backed up online and on external drives on and offsite for fire, theft and database damage protection. My simplifying this process and only archiving purchased products, I am better able to focus on my profession, photography, allowing me to operate at the right price for a professional photographer in my field. 

My policy of uploading galleries for a two week period after the session will continue for now, however, this will soon be replaced with by appointment only consultations at my studio in Los Angeles. For out of town clients, arrangements will be made for online galleries. Online galleries can be extended at a cost of $50 per week.

Memory DVDs are $800 providing a Personal License to print unlimited copies of all the images, each of which are simply edited. 

I would like to thank you for your continued support of my business in 2011 and beyond.

Kind regards
Catherine

No comments: